When selling your house, less is definitely more! De-personalizing and de-cluttering your home will enable potential buyers to visually move in; it will also make your house appear more spacious.
- Sell or give away or donate unwanted items.
- Clear surfaces of all but the bare essentials, even bookshelves.
- Keep buyers focused on the house by removing personal photographs.
- Clean out closets/pantries, keeping floors clear so storage spaces appear roomier.
- Pack out-of-season clothes and holiday items.
- Put away collectibles, prescription medications and other valuables to avoid breakage or theft.
- Personal information should be kept in a safe place out of sight (ex: mail, bills, etc.).
- Remove area rugs and over-sized furniture so rooms appear larger.