To make your home stand out from others on the market, be sure it sparkles! Clean the house from top to bottom, including corners where cobwebs hide. Be sure windows and mirrors shine. Pay special attention to the little details like vent covers, switch plates, light fixtures, and baseboards.
- Make sure your kitchen is spotless. Take magnets and other items off the refrigerator.
- Clean inside and around the fireplace; dispose of ashes and partially-burned pieces of wood.
- Clean windows inside and out so light is able to enter and illuminate your home.
- Keep floors swept. Vacuum and steam clean carpets to give them a new look.
- Remove stains from garage floors. Stack boxes along walls to highlight its storage capacity.
- Make sure your bathrooms are spotless.
Parents Of Small Children
- Keep plastic bins handy to store toys at a moment’s notice.
- Reduce the number of toys in main areas of the home and in the yard.
- Be sure all toilets are flushed and potty training seats are out of sight.