Home Ownership makes $$ and Sense!
You might be a bit afraid or intimidated by the whole process of buying your first home. As a top Woodbridge, Lake Ridge, Manassas, Dumfries and Prince William County real estate expert, it’s my job to guide you, from beginning to end.
I will take the time to go through each and every step of the buying process. There are no dumb questions!
Together, we will consider:
– How much can you really afford?
– How to qualify for a mortgage.
– How much cash you should put down.
– How to buy a home with little or nothing down.
– What it takes to get approved for financing. What banks and other financial institutions are looking for.
– How much your payments will be.
– The tax advantages of buying.
– Is renting or buying better for you?
Here are 5 of the biggest advantages for you as a first-time home buyer:
1. Equity. Over time,homes have always gained in value, so you can expect to get your investment back and typically more when you sell.
2. Tax deductions. Save on taxes based on the interest and real estate taxes you pay instead of letting the landlord get the benefit.
3. Credit. Money you put down and pay into a mortgage to build equity can be made available to you in the form of a loan or line of credit.
4. Stability. While most landlords raise rents every year, you can choose a fixed-rate mortgage where the payments stay the same.
5. Lower payments? It depends on your rent, of course, but if you can afford just 5% down, your monthly payments may actually be less than your rent.